KidWalk enables children to be participants in their world, not as observers, thru hands free, self-initiated exploration. Independent, self-initiated movement is the key to developing cognitive, language and motor skills, learning spatial relationships, and exploring the world. Walking is one of the most complex skills to master but also one of the most valuable activities for the physical and emotional development of children. KidWalk supports these vital steps in early childhood development by allowing a child with limited mobility to experience independent hands-free exploration.
- Dynamic movement- the entire support system moves up and down, side to side, and rotational
- Pelvic support is adjustable in all three planes
- System dials in to maximize Pelvic symmetry
- Many adjustments can be made with child in KidWalk
- Mid-wheel location for better control and smaller turning radius
- Available in three sizes
- Less effort to initiate and sustain movement=less fatigue and more productive sessions
- The front is open and allows access to surfaces and friends
- Can accommodate other headrests e.g. Hawk, i2i, etc.
Pelvis Center of the universe with the KidWalk
All good positioning starts with a Symmetrical pelvis! KidWalk’s pelvis positioning system ensures maximum possible symmetry and is adjustable in all three planes width, depth and rotation.
The features are:
- An open front design and hands free positioning enables closeness to objects and people.
- KidWalk promotes access and exploration for development.
- The swivel trunk and pelvic support system moves with the child’s up and down and side to side motion (especially helpful for children w/dystonia and hypotonia)
- Assisting the child in achieving a natural walking pattern.
- KidWalk aids in activating intrinsic movements of the feet allowing standing and weight shift in all directions.
- Encouraging balance, strength and dynamic weight bearing.
- KidWalk overcomes movement limitations found in gait trainers.
- Extending therapy, play and activity time.
- Auto centering pelvic guides
- Lateral weight shift
- Vertical weight relief with adjustable load compensating spring assembly
- Angle adjustable mast
- Wheel locks
- Quick release wheels
- Padded seat
- Adjustable axle position
- Light up rear casters
- Two-piece frame for easy transport
- Frame Colors: Candy Blue, Candy Purple, Candy Red, Shocker Green, Neon Pink, Neon Orange, Raspberry, Black, White
Custom Needs: Prime Engineering’s products have been designed with the flexibility to meet most clients’ needs within their standard features and options. If you have special needs, questions, or any other item that we may assist you with, our engineering department and standing and positioning specialists will be happy to answer your question or assist you with the design and fabrication of a unit to meet your needs.